Paul C. Buff, Inc. Technical Forum

Technical Discussion Forum for all Paul C. Buff, Inc. Products

Login

Post a reply
 [ 10 posts ] 

Sat Mar 13, 2010 11:05 pm

Hi,

I am planning on buying an 86" PLM along with a couple of Einsteins and a ring light (along with other items) and would like to time the order to take advantage of the discount on accessories when you buy lights. Will I be able to do this or will the Einstein pre-order rules or PLM availability limit my ability to combine the orders?

Thanks,

Robert

Top Top

#

Sun Mar 14, 2010 1:52 am

Site Admin

You'll be able to combine for accessory discounts and the pre order discount for AB Max will be honored too. There was a pre order discount on AB Max but not on Einstein. Just discuss it with Customer Service (Lori's in charge).

We miscalculated on the Einstein cost and will be forced to raise it to $499.95 in the coming months to make a decent profit. But we will honor the $439.95 price and give at least 30 day warning before we raise it.

Top Top

#

Sun Mar 14, 2010 12:40 pm

Will Einstein be available in the middle of the year or at the end of the year?

Top Top

#

Sun Mar 14, 2010 1:19 pm

Site Admin

Einstein should be shipping from stock by May and will start shipping at the end of March. There are a number of other new products on this same schedule.

Top Top

#

Sun Mar 14, 2010 1:24 pm

that's great news! thank you. will vagabond II be compatible with Einstein?

Top Top

#

Sun Mar 14, 2010 1:26 pm

Site Admin

Yes

Top Top

#

Sun Mar 14, 2010 2:18 pm

Thanks for the update! I think the terms are very generous and hope to place my full order as soon as I get the notification that Einsteins are ready.

Robert

Top Top

#

Mon Mar 15, 2010 1:48 am

Luap wrote:
We miscalculated on the Einstein cost and will be forced to raise it to $499.95 in the coming months to make a decent profit. But we will honor the $439.95 price and give at least 30 day warning before we raise it.

Paul, will the price raise apply to new order or all, even to all who are already in pre-order queuing lists that have not get their Einsteins yet?

Top Top

Website

#

Mon Mar 15, 2010 12:15 pm

Site Admin

We never change the rules. All pre orders and any new orders prior to any price increase change will be at the current price. We will probably give a month notice of any pending price increase . . . no surprise price change - we value our customers too much to play these games.

Top Top

#

Mon Mar 15, 2010 8:00 pm

I'll wait until I order the Einstiens... not because I really really want to see them work well and all the bugs out of them but because I'm still learning the Alien Bees I have.

Besides needing to learn the basics (before I toss my dumb self into the fray with the Einsteins), I really need to put the sticker that Melody sent me on my AB800, which was affecting it's karma. (A hearty thanks to Melody for being such a wonderful person.)

And I need a PLM, a Vagabond and a strip box... and ... and ... damn list grows too long.

Meanwhile, I want to say thanks to Luap for his efforts in bringing forth this monster birth of the Einstein... (I should send an epidural Laups way...)

So, for now I'm fine without the Einsteins, but I will be grabbing four of them later, albeit at the higher price. Why wait? I tend to believe no one should lose their shorts on product development so I'm going to sacrifice my wallet and what little talent I have in artificial lighting to learn more.

$500 bucks is still damn cheap considering all the alternatives out there. I want Martian Green! Okay, no colors, damn... I liked the colors too... :) :lol:

Thanks folks... I'm not a fan boy and read FM threads and pretty much all the other 'photonerds' forums but I do so enjoy this one where there isn't any hammering of the owner over misc. parc.

Top Top

Post a reply
 [ 10 posts ]