Paul C. Buff, Inc. Technical Forum

Technical Discussion Forum for all Paul C. Buff, Inc. Products

Login

Post a reply
 [ 2 posts ] 

Mon Mar 15, 2010 8:32 pm

I just recently bought a new charger for my Vagabond II and I'm having some problems with it. The Vagabond was completely dead whenever I went to plug it in, and after I plugged it in all that happened was the top green light turned on. Usually I can hear when it is charging but now I can't. Also the charger did not fit like it was supposed to, you kind of had to force it in but after that it would fit in the vagabond.
I tried leaving the charger in for about 20 minutes and came back and it didn't charge at all.
Also when I had it plugged in I could turn the Vagabond on, so power is getting to it, it is just not charging. After it would power on I would have to turn it off because the bottom light would glow red and it would start beeping.
Did I buy the wrong charger or is something else wrong?

Top Top

#

Tue Mar 16, 2010 10:53 am

Site Admin

A few questions. First, what is the serial number of the VII (it is found on the inverter just below the top). Secondly, and only if you are able and comfortable doing so, can you measure the output of the inverter while charging? (disconnect the battery and use a multimeter to measure the voltage on the cables, while the inverter is plugged in and turned off. It is only 13V or so, so it is safe). Howlong did the Vagabond sit, uncharged?

Top Top

Post a reply
 [ 2 posts ]