Paul C. Buff, Inc. Technical Forum

Technical Discussion Forum for all Paul C. Buff, Inc. Products

Login

Post a reply
 [ 6 posts ] 

Wed Mar 17, 2010 5:16 pm

My new AB1600 doesn't fire.
I have a Canon T1i and Pocket Wizards for triggering. I bought a 1/8 to 1/8 mono plug at Radioshack. So excited to see it work.... tried it .. nothing.

pushed the the ABs test button.. fires
when I'm plugging in the cord to the the AB sync port it fires a couple of times.

tried triggering the AB1600 with an onboard flash...it fires.

HELP!!!

Top Top

#

Wed Mar 17, 2010 6:31 pm

Site Admin

You either have a stereo cable, or an attenuated mono cord. Neither fo these work with the AB/PW combo. Radio Shack does carry one that is about 6' long, we carry one that works, or you can try Flash Zebra.

Top Top

#

Wed Mar 17, 2010 7:44 pm

Also I think I read that you can't use LIVE VIEW when you use the remote on the hotshoe of the camera. Just a suggestion.

RMS

Top Top

#

Thu Mar 18, 2010 12:03 am

Technical Support wrote:
You either have a stereo cable, or an attenuated mono cord. Neither fo these work with the AB/PW combo. Radio Shack does carry one that is about 6' long, we carry one that works, or you can try Flash Zebra.

yes the Radioshack package says attenuating Audio Cable . I ordered the Flash Zebra.... whew..thought I had a lemon... don't want all that hassle... THANKS A LOT ;)

Top Top

#

Thu Mar 18, 2010 12:05 am

rms956 wrote:
Also I think I read that you can't use LIVE VIEW when you use the remote on the hotshoe of the camera. Just a suggestion.

RMS

thanks for the heads up.... don't really use LIVE VIEW mode but that's one good info. THANKS ;)

Top Top

#

Thu Mar 18, 2010 12:10 am

Technical Support wrote:
BTW... it would be nice if you guys have a big red bold text in all caps note on the product page about this issue. If I'd known that I need a 1/8 mono cord. I could have just ordered it with the AB1600 and start shooting.... just a suggestion.

Top Top

Post a reply
 [ 6 posts ]