Paul C. Buff, Inc. Technical Forum

Technical Discussion Forum for all Paul C. Buff, Inc. Products

Login

Post a reply
 [ 2 posts ] 

Sun Mar 17, 2013 11:02 am

Hi,

I'm hoping someone here might have a bit of advise.
I purchased a Vagabond II from ebay several months back. The seller claimed it to be refurbished with new battery. It didn't seem to work with my Dynalite MX1000 and M1000wi packs. But it did power my computer at the time. So I decided to hold onto it. I've charged the battery monthly since I purchased it to keep it fresh.

Yesterday I pulled it out and charged the battery again and it will not power anything. However the green and red lights light while charging and the green light is on when it is not charging. When I flip the 3 way switch the fan powers up but not juice to the outlet.

I'm wondering if anyone knows what could be wrong with it.
The battery that the seller put in it is a UPG UB 12180 12volt 18Ah. Could this be the wrong battery?
Specs are:
Sandby use =13.6-13.8 volts Initial Current 2.7A
Cycle Use =14.5-14.9 volts Initial current 5.4A

If it was the wrong battery is the inverted destroyed because of the use of an improper battery?

Any advise would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

David

Top Top

#

Sun Mar 17, 2013 11:34 am

Site Admin

There is not a "right" battery for the VII. There are compatible and incompatible batteries (though only a limited number of compatible ones will fit the bag). The battery needs to be 12VDC, and it seems to be. The Ah should be at least 11Ah, but it came with a 20Ah. The more Amp-hours (Ah) the longer run time you will get.

You can take the battery to an auto parts store or a battery specialty store, and they should be able to tell you if it is good or bad. Similarly, using a multimeter will tell you the voltage coming from the AC outlets.

Top Top

Post a reply
 [ 2 posts ]