Paul C. Buff, Inc. Technical Forum

Technical Discussion Forum for all Paul C. Buff, Inc. Products

Login

Post a reply
 [ 4 posts ] 

Sun Oct 20, 2013 6:14 pm

I have 3 Einsteins and use them in conjunction with my cyber commander. Is it possible to use a second CC to adjust and meter the lights and another one on the camera to trigger the lights?

Top Top

#

Mon Oct 21, 2013 9:35 am

Site Admin

If the one on camera is just for triggering, I would suggest using a CST instead. While it is possible for a second CC to be used for triggering, it may cause unwanted changes to light settings while in use, even if the lights are not specified.

Top Top

#

Thu Oct 24, 2013 10:57 pm

Technical Support wrote:
If the one on camera is just for triggering, I would suggest using a CST instead. While it is possible for a second CC to be used for triggering, it may cause unwanted changes to light settings while in use, even if the lights are not specified.

For the cc to work, don't the lights have to be on separate channels? Or should I have one set to trigger off the cst, and the rest to optical slave?

Top Top

#

Thu Oct 24, 2013 11:07 pm

Site Admin

The CC broadcasts on a single frequency to one or more channels. Each receiver hears and stores the commands given by the CC, and makes the lights ready according to those commands.

When the camera shutter is activated, the CC sends a fire signal (identical to that of the CST) to the receivers to fire the lights. If a receiver is set to be inactive, it will ignore this command.

Since the fire commands are identical, the receivers do not know if it is a CC or a CST that gave the commands, and fire (or don't fire) at the levels set by the last command from a CC.

Top Top

Post a reply
 [ 4 posts ]