Paul C. Buff, Inc. Technical Forum

Technical Discussion Forum for all Paul C. Buff, Inc. Products

Login

Post a reply
 [ 6 posts ] 

Fri Nov 15, 2013 3:37 pm

How far does the SD card go into the cyber commander? I can get my 2 cards about halfway in, but they don't upgrade the firmware. Looked at the CC manual, and it looks like it should go all the way in (like with the Einstein). I tried that, and just broke the first card. I guess, I better upgrade my Einsteins first, before I try again.

Thank you,

Markus

Top Top

#

Fri Nov 15, 2013 4:42 pm

Never mind, i did not realize, that there is a card already installed from the factory.
Banging my head against the wall!

Markus

Top Top

#

Sun Nov 17, 2013 11:55 am

Your are lucky.

This new firmware seems to have bricked mine. I just get an endless loop of white flashing screens. Let it run for 5 minutes and it's still flashing white screens. Pulled batteries and card. Put in batteries and now I got a black screen and nothing works. Just fine - NOT!

Seems it should have been made with a "Loading new firmware" bar or something, even a "Firmware update failed, try again." rather than a long interval of flashing white screens that appear like it is going nuts. And then it does...

Cannot do another firmware update either so far. It's tanked. :evil:

BE VERY CAREFUL WITH THIS NEW FIRMWARE UPDATE ELSE YOU MAY OWN A WORTHLESS CYBERCOMMANDER!

Out to find a shipping box I guess. :(

Mack

Top Top

#

Sun Nov 17, 2013 2:49 pm

Just updated 3 Einsteins and 1 CC without issue.

Top Top

#

Sat Aug 20, 2016 1:19 pm

I know this is an old post, but I just followed the instructions to update the firmware and now my unit is flashing for several minutes but has not returned to the main screen. I don't want to render it nonfunctional but I need it to work for my shoot tomorrow. What should I do?

Top Top

#

Sat Aug 20, 2016 1:36 pm

teendoc wrote:
I know this is an old post, but I just followed the instructions to update the firmware and now my unit is flashing for several minutes but has not returned to the main screen. I don't want to render it nonfunctional but I need it to work for my shoot tomorrow. What should I do?

I managed to get it sorted when I searched again for help and found this old post: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=4403

It all seems to be working now, thank goodness!

Top Top

Post a reply
 [ 6 posts ]