Paul C. Buff, Inc. Technical Forum

Technical Discussion Forum for all Paul C. Buff, Inc. Products

Login

Post a reply
 [ 3 posts ] 

Thu Dec 19, 2013 10:21 am

Hello, I just recieved my two B400s from UK (shipped to France). Two of them worked properly for 10 minutes and then one of them started to mulfunction.

Here's the behavior, when it's switched on:

-sometimes "OK" light is off
-sometimes it's ON, but when I fire it once, it's off again and I have to switch the flash OFF and ON to get it ready. And again, after firing it once I have to switch it off and on.
-if the power is set no to it's maximum, the "DUMP" light is ON, I fire it once and then again "OK" is OFF.

Both units are plugged into a grounded oulet, 220V Voltage (France)

Is there something I don't understand, or the unit has a problem and I have to return it? (That would be a problem because I have to pay the delivery to UK).

Thank you.

Top Top

#

Thu Dec 19, 2013 11:33 am

Site Admin

Assuming you are using the same power source for both lights (swap outlets just to be sure) and there is nothing in the square "remote" jack on the back of the light, there is likely an internal issue that will require the unit to be serviced under warranty.

If there is something in the "remote" socket, unplug it and see if the problem persists. The 3.5mm jack will have no bearing on this, I am only speaking of the telephone style jack.

If the unit requires service, you will need to contact the distributor for specifics on how to obtain the warranty service.

Top Top

#

Thu Dec 19, 2013 12:01 pm

I've tried to swap outlets, it didn't help. The unit is in slave mode, so it should't be a remote connection issue. Anyway, even the test button soesn't fire it. Ok, I will contact the uk company for the warranty. Thanks fot the reply. Kind of sad to have an issue with a brand new unit just after 10 minutes of use...

Top Top

Post a reply
 [ 3 posts ]