Paul C. Buff, Inc. Technical Forum

Technical Discussion Forum for all Paul C. Buff, Inc. Products

Login

Post a reply
 [ 2 posts ] 

Mon Dec 16, 2013 7:07 pm

I just purchased some new Power Mc2s from Paul C Buff for use with some e640s that I acquired in the last 6 months. I updated all the firmware on the pocket wizards and disabled any power tracking, sleep or modeling light modes.

In my first outing in the studio last weekend I realized an intermittent triggering issue with the e640s using the MC2 antenna. This is usually following about 20-50 exposures and then the system does not trigger for some time or until everything is turned off (radio wise) and restarted.

I then tested outside yesterday to see if I could replicate the problem, which I could in both radios on a single e640 (trying to see if it was just one MC2). I tried at different distances and elevations in alignment to the antenna on the e640 and was able to replicate the issue across multiple distances and heights leading me to believe it is tt1 to MC2 issue.

I used no AC3 controller in the tests, but was using one when I first noticed the issue in studio so its independent if an AC3 controller is attached or not. I'm shooting with a 5DMkIII. My TT1 has about 50% of battery power left.

I sent a note to pocket wizard as well but prior to returning the units I wanted to see if anyone else had a similar issue and if there was something I may have been doing wrong somewhere along the way.

THX
ED

Top Top

#

Mon Dec 16, 2013 10:09 pm

Site Admin

Does the flash unit fire reliably via sync cord and/or the test button?

Top Top

Post a reply
 [ 2 posts ]