Paul C. Buff, Inc. Technical Forum

Technical Discussion Forum for all Paul C. Buff, Inc. Products

Login

Post a reply
 [ 8 posts ] 

Fri Aug 30, 2013 11:05 am

Hi,

I have all the last firmware on Einstein/TT5/MC2.
I have the MC2 to put the Einstein off/sleep after some minutes and it works :)
But after i can´t turn on/wake the Einstein from the TT5 with the press 3s test button :(

Do any one have the same problem or don´t use this function?

Regards,
Pedro

Top Top

#

Fri Aug 30, 2013 7:55 pm

pspentax wrote:
Hi,

I have all the last firmware on Einstein/TT5/MC2.
I have the MC2 to put the Einstein off/sleep after some minutes and it works :)
But after i can´t turn on/wake the Einstein from the TT5 with the press 3s test button :(

Do any one have the same problem or don´t use this function?

Regards,
Pedro

Your preaching to the choir :D I have the same problem I've tried with my tt5 and mini tt1. I changed settings and still doesn't work. I actually went out and found a card to update the Einstein's because the pocketwizards site said to make sure it was updated. And still to no avail. I mean it would be a great feature if it works. Not much of a problem unless you have the stands 10 15 feet in the air. Please let me know if your able to get the function to work.

regards

Top Top

#

Sat Aug 31, 2013 4:48 pm

ddal79 wrote:
Your preaching to the choir :D I have the same problem I've tried with my tt5 and mini tt1. I changed settings and still doesn't work. I actually went out and found a card to update the Einstein's because the pocketwizards site said to make sure it was updated. And still to no avail. I mean it would be a great feature if it works. Not much of a problem unless you have the stands 10 15 feet in the air. Please let me know if your able to get the function to work.

regards

Let´s wait for what Paul have to say :) :) :)

Top Top

#

Sun Sep 01, 2013 9:53 am

Site Admin

We really don't have much to say on the matter. The Einstein seems to be taking commands as it is supposed to. The PocketWizard remotes are what is turning off the model lamp. It is their job to turn them back on (as per your expectation).

Because these remotes are another company's product, and because functionality differs across brands (and models) of cameras, and because the functionality is continuously updated by PocketWizard, we are not and cannot be a qualified source of trouble shooting.

We recommend contacting LPA directly. You can reach them at 802-658-0038 x572 or info@pocketwizard.com

Top Top

#

Sun Sep 01, 2013 10:02 am

I'm not talking about the modelling light but talking about power off and on the Einstein.
It will turn off after 15min as i programmed but it will not power up again with the 3s hold test button on the TT5.
I have also send a email to PocketWizard yesterday let's wait :)

Top Top

#

Tue Sep 10, 2013 6:05 pm

I all,

We have to wait :)

This is the reply from PW:

[I]"As for the PowerMC2, unfortunately you have discovered a bug in the radio firmware. We became aware that Remote Wakeup was not working properly shortly after we released the 2.400 firmware. Our firmware engineers are working on a solution now, and we intend to fix the problem in our next firmware release. Thanks for you patience!"

Cheers,
Pedro

Top Top

#

Sun Feb 23, 2014 9:51 pm

As of today, v2.4 continues to be the latest firmware version (6/11/2013) for the PowerMC2. In fact, no other PW product has had an update since that date. With layoffs at LPA Design this past week, I'm doubtful of a quick reply from them: has anyone heard anything definite on a new firmware update to fix the wakeup failure in the PowerMC2?

Thanks,
Marty

Top Top

#

Tue Feb 25, 2014 3:11 pm

I just got a response from PW along with firmware v2.402 that is supposed to fix the Remote PowerOn feature of the MC2. While not "generally available" at their website, it is available for the asking...

Marty

Top Top

Post a reply
 [ 8 posts ]