Paul C. Buff, Inc. Technical Forum

Technical Discussion Forum for all Paul C. Buff, Inc. Products

Login

Post a reply
 [ 2 posts ] 

Wed Apr 07, 2010 7:57 pm

I've had my Vagabond II plugged in for a few months now because I have not had an outdoor shoot to do. This Saturday I have an outdoor shoot so I decided to unplug my Vagabond II and test it out. (I know I should have tested earlier). But all it does is make a long beep noise over and over. When I have the Vagabond II plugged in to the wall outlet it turns on fine and I hear the fan. Does anyone know where I can buy a battery at some hardware store to hook up to the inverter temporarily before I get a new battery? I would like to get a replacement battery from PCB but overnight shipping cost more then the battery itself. Also did I damage the battery by leaving it plugged in for so long? I've only used the Vagabond II for 1 shoot prior to this.

Top Top

#

Thu Apr 08, 2010 10:39 am

Site Admin

Any 12V battery will work. Lawn mower, car, boat, etc. You may have difficulty finding one to fit in the bag, however. You can connect the inverter to your car's battery without having to remove the battery from the car (just start the car periodically, or leave it running). The main thing to keep in mind is connectivity. Connecting to the car battery can be achieved via the jumper cable looking wires that were included with the VII. Other batteries may or may not connect with stock cables, so take them with you if you go looking for a battery. If you buy a battery to use on a regular basis, look for a deep cycle battery, and one that is over 11Ah, otherwise you risk damaging the battery.

Top Top

Post a reply
 [ 2 posts ]