Paul C. Buff, Inc. Technical Forum

Technical Discussion Forum for all Paul C. Buff, Inc. Products

Login

Post a reply
 [ 5 posts ] 

Thu Apr 08, 2010 5:47 pm

I just got 2 AB800 along with two Vagabond II from a friend in the USA. They are totally new. I have been charging them forfive hours now and the the red light next to the charging cable is still on and the green one just started to blink all the time with the red still staying on... What does this mean?

Because if it was already full the red light would go off!?-

Top Top

#

Thu Apr 08, 2010 9:55 pm

The red light stays on when the charger is plugged into the wall. Red light goes off when the charger is unplugged from the wall.

Not sure why your green light is blinking, I have never seen this on my Vagabond II(U.S. current 110vac) Full charge 5 hours after green light comes on.

RMS

Top Top

#

Fri Apr 09, 2010 12:36 am

Now the green light is on continously and the red light started to flicker... and I have been charging them for around 10 hours now. And the other one - which I plugged in later - now acts like the first one described above...

The red light needs to be completely gone in order for the battery to be full right? I wonder if the red light will be gone when I come home.

Maybe the first time loading takes a little longer!?

Top Top

#

Fri Apr 09, 2010 9:47 am

Site Admin

That is normal during the final charge of the battery, and you may notice it periodically, if continuously charging. This is a kind of charge/check/charge/check cycle until it reaches full.

Top Top

#

Fri Apr 09, 2010 9:58 am

luisummer wrote:
The red light needs to be completely gone in order for the battery to be full right? I wonder if the red light will be gone when I come home.

The red light will not be gone UNTIL you unplug the charger from the wall. It has nothing to do with whether the battery has a full charge or not.

The green light will stay on.

Takes 12-24 hours of charge initially(first time).

RMS

Top Top

Post a reply
 [ 5 posts ]