Paul C. Buff, Inc. Technical Forum

Technical Discussion Forum for all Paul C. Buff, Inc. Products

Login

Post a reply
 [ 6 posts ] 

Sun Jun 29, 2014 1:23 pm

I have 2 Einstein light units, and I have 2 Canon 600EX-RT USA speedlites and want to fire them all together , just put me a link what I need to buy, 'cause I am confused, very confused.
I have this: Cyber Commanderâ„¢ Part Number: CC Price: $179.95 to fire my strobes
but what do I need for canon? Include please all links I am tired to read and be more confuse. thank you for understanding

Top Top

#

Sun Jun 29, 2014 7:28 pm

http://www.flashzebra.com/products/0118/index.shtml

might work.

Top Top

Website

#

Sun Jun 29, 2014 7:43 pm

Site Admin

Before I can make a recommendation, do you plan to have remote power control of the Canon flash units as well as remote power control over Paul C Buff units?

Top Top

#

Mon Jun 30, 2014 6:49 pm

Thank you for taking a time to answer me
I have Canon ST-E3-RT Speedlite Transmitter
Also Cyber Commander for Buff's

Top Top

#

Mon Jun 30, 2014 8:08 pm

Site Admin

Ok, the STE3RT will need to be set up on your camera as normal and synchronized with the 600 RT flashes as described in the Canon manuals.

At this point, the Cyber Commander will need to be set up with the receivers as described in our manuals (we can also provide further assistance as needed). Now, the Cyber Commander will need to be plugged in to the PC connection of your camera.

If your camera lacks a PC terminal, you will need one of these to provide a PC terminal as well as allow TTL signals to pass through. This would go into the camera's hotshoe and the STE3rt will sit in the top.
http://flashzebra.com/products/0268/index.shtml

Now, there is no real recommended place to put the Cyber Commander, as it is designed to go into the hotshoe (which is occupied by the STE3rt, which also requires the hotshoe). Because of this, we do recommend the CST (http://www.paulcbuff.com/cst.php) which is smaller and will be easier to manage connected to the camera than the CC would be. Cyber Commander would still make adjustments, but the CST would trigger.

I would also recommend avoiding mixing TTL and manual flashes. Therefore, the 600RTs should be in manual mode.

Top Top

#

Mon Jun 30, 2014 8:53 pm

Thank you. ;) very :) much:) <3

Top Top

Post a reply
 [ 6 posts ]