Paul C. Buff, Inc. Technical Forum

Technical Discussion Forum for all Paul C. Buff, Inc. Products

Login

Post a reply
 [ 4 posts ] 

Sat Jun 28, 2014 3:02 am

I just received the 15 degree grid for the high output 8.5" reflector. The grid fits inside the reflector, but how do you secure it in place? If I tilt the reflector downwards, the grid simply falls out. Am I doing something wrong? Is there a way to secure it that I don't know about? Please help!

Top Top

#

Sat Jun 28, 2014 7:39 am

Site Admin

It should be fitting without any additional steps. The grid is supposed to be held in by a spring clip on the outer perimeter. If not, then we will probably need to get that replaced (assuming it is a new product). If it is present, you can try bending the spring out, but it may still be a faulty grid. If it is not present, or you are unable to bend the spring out, contact Customer Service, and they will be able to assist you in replacing the grid.

Also, make sure the reflector and grid are not out of round. Looking at them from a distance helps to see if there is any out of roundness better than looking up close.

Top Top

#

Sat Jun 28, 2014 10:08 am

Thanks for the reply. I'm not sure what this spring clip looks like, but all I have is a tag that says 15 degrees on it, attached to the grid. If this isn't the spring clip, then I guess I am missing this piece. Both the grid and reflector are brand new. Please advise.

Top Top

#

Sat Jun 28, 2014 10:57 am

Site Admin

The clip can be seen in this image adjacent to the degree label. if it is not present, please contact customer service for a replacement. In the meantime, you can shim it with aluminum foil or other heat resistant material.

Top Top

Post a reply
 [ 4 posts ]