Paul C. Buff, Inc. Technical Forum

Technical Discussion Forum for all Paul C. Buff, Inc. Products

Login

Post a reply
 [ 2 posts ] 

Wed Dec 16, 2009 7:50 am

Thank you for innovating such a useful device and thank you for re-establishing this most important forum.

After using CC in my studio for the past few months, having pre-ordered the unit, there are a couple nuances or perhaps 'user errors' which leads me to a couple questions.

First, I use WL 1600's and it seems that when the power is reduced via the CC, at least on my unit, the White Lightenings do not automatically dump the additional power. This seems different to the x1600 native behavior which dumps the excess power (using the sliders) and then places itself in the ready mode. Having overexposed a couple images, I did find that all works well if I 'manually dump' the excess power by triggering the units - this I can do from the CC. Am I setting something up incorrectly on the CC?

Second, with all connections for CC operation in place, it seems that the power up sequence is important. If I turn the flash units on first, the units switch on and goes into a persistent 'dump' state, at least until I power up the CC. Is this normal behavior?

Thanks.

Greg.

Top Top

Website

#

Wed Dec 16, 2009 2:23 pm

Site Admin

Yes, the X1600 should automatically dump, and should do so in the same time as without the + recievers, which can take about 40-45 seconds to dump 660ws to 20Ws. It is far faster to manually dump the power.

Yes, the dumplight will come on until the reciever, which overrides the back panel, recieves input from the Commander.

Top Top

Post a reply
 [ 2 posts ]