Paul C. Buff, Inc. Technical Forum

Technical Discussion Forum for all Paul C. Buff, Inc. Products

Login

Post a reply
 [ 4 posts ] 

Fri Apr 09, 2010 10:15 am

I ran into an issue with the cyber synch in the hotshoe interfering with the digital back (Leaf Aptus II-5) and not allowing it to capture an image when the shutter was released (strobes did fire). The problem seems remedied when the synch is removed from the hotshoe and connected to the PC port on the digital back. More curious than anything as to why the interference.

Set up looks like this http://www.flickr.com/photos/reflectedlights/4504950785

Top Top

#

Fri Apr 09, 2010 11:04 am

It sounds like an issue with the contacts on the CST(not unheard of). Not all hotshoes are made equal. :roll: The CST's ball contact may not be touching the hotshoe contact. Tech Support once said try pushing down on the CST in the hotshoe while pressing the shutter release to see if a contact is made and the flash is fired. Good luck.

RMS

Top Top

#

Fri Apr 09, 2010 11:30 am

Flash fires fine, but it seems to block the digital back from capturing an image. Only an issue with the Fuji, works fine on another camera.

Top Top

#

Fri Apr 09, 2010 12:42 pm

Site Admin

I am not uber familiar with MF cameras, in particular, this one, so i am going to sound like i know what i am taking about. :D

How many shutter mechanisms are there? Some lenses have a leaf shutter and some cameras have a focal plane shutter. If your combo has both, it is possible the FP shutter opens and triggers the CST a tad early, while the leaf shutter in the lens (or even the aperture changing, however the PC terminal gets its signal) triggers during the exposure.

Do you have a hotshoe adapter to try the same thing with a sync cord?

Top Top

Post a reply
 [ 4 posts ]