Paul C. Buff, Inc. Technical Forum

Technical Discussion Forum for all Paul C. Buff, Inc. Products

Login

Post a reply
 [ 5 posts ] 

Fri Aug 29, 2014 7:08 pm

I got the black front spill kill fabric that goes onto the 86" white PLM. It seems very tight and bends the white fiberglass rods in quite a bit. I gave up on about 3-4 PLM tips still left as it looked like it was getting it down to maybe 48" across or afraid I would snap the rods.

Is this normal and will it break if I stretch it on tighter?

I was thinking of adding maybe 2 feet of elastic cord to the outside edge cord if it would help.

Tia.

Mack

Top Top

#

Fri Aug 29, 2014 7:52 pm

FWIW, I don't have that problem with mine. My suspicion is that you've got the wrong size, somehow.

Top Top

#

Fri Aug 29, 2014 8:30 pm

Site Admin

Sounds like you got a 64" by mistake. Call or email PCB and they'll take care of it. Sorry!

Top Top

#

Sat Aug 30, 2014 9:26 am

Thanks Paul.

I tried again to get it on, but got about 2/3 the way around it before I gave up as the arms kept popping loose. I don't know if the elastic cord is too short or what is going on. Maybe the wrong size in the bag it was wrapped in with the PLM86-BFSPKF label on it?

I did a quick photo of it stretched on the concrete that shows the side (non-stretch) rim-to-rim as 38" Is this the 86" or the 64" inch one?

Well, nuts. This site doesn't allow for uploading the image that I can find. Needs a hosted site for the photo which I do not have since AT&T cut that hosting stuff off when they killed off Worldnet. AT&T raised their prices and services got worse. Figgers.

Mack

Top Top

#

Sat Aug 30, 2014 1:29 pm

Site Admin

Mack,

I saw your email and photo to Customer Service last night. They will take care of it for you (Closed Monday I think).

We're shipping close to 1000 packages a day and they make mistakes now and then. Sorry again.

Top Top

Post a reply
 [ 5 posts ]