Paul C. Buff, Inc. Technical Forum

Technical Discussion Forum for all Paul C. Buff, Inc. Products

Login

Post a reply
 [ 2 posts ] 

Thu Oct 02, 2014 1:22 am

Hello,

If you have not viewed the youtube user Josiah Mendoza Einstein video titled: Operation Paint Splash Photoshoot you can view it to see the basics of what I want to do, he is a great video maker and probably would have Einsteins selling like hotcakes if he had more views.... My one and only question is: Can I use the Einstein to shoot the subject and the flying colored liquids for motion freeze, and utilize my B800 and B400 for the blown out white BG, (which will be approx 8 feet behind the subject) without messing up the motion freeze of my subject(s)? The Bees will be located to each side just in front of the white BG and shooting facing toward each other with panels blocking any spill, so I don't believe any (spill) will reach the subject.... or do the BG lights need to also be shorter duration flash similar to an Einstein ? Thanks in advance, I'd rather learn now to minimize the possibility of a redo...

Top Top

#

Thu Oct 02, 2014 8:46 am

Site Admin

If you keep spill from the ABs off the moving subject they won't contribute to the motion blur at all, since there is no motion on the background.

See https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tvi6Isx5EVk

Top Top

Post a reply
 [ 2 posts ]