Paul C. Buff, Inc. Technical Forum

Technical Discussion Forum for all Paul C. Buff, Inc. Products

Login

Post a reply
 [ 3 posts ] 

Tue Oct 28, 2014 7:56 pm

Hi,
I'm trying to setup a lighting setup for jewelry photography. I purchased two Alien Bees B800 lamps used and a new Cyber Commander and Cyberync receivers. Both lamps seem to function fine but for one of them, when I plug in the (phone style) synch cord, the modeling lamp shuts off if the other end is attached to a CSRB+. The fan still runs and the flash will still fire from the test button on the lamp or the test button on the cybersync but the modeling light is off. When I unplug the sync cord from the cyber sync the light comes back instantly. I have the 1/4 jack plugged and all three buttons on the back pushed in. Am I missing something?
Thank you,
Jesh

Top Top

#

Tue Oct 28, 2014 8:25 pm

Site Admin

Likely the model lamp is turned off on that particular channel and the remotes are working as designed.

Have you done a full set up, i.e. do you have the vertical blue bars on the CC? If so, do you have a red dash/dot on that channel?

Top Top

#

Wed Oct 29, 2014 9:29 pm

Technical Support wrote:
Likely the model lamp is turned off on that particular channel and the remotes are working as designed.

Have you done a full set up, i.e. do you have the vertical blue bars on the CC? If so, do you have a red dash/dot on that channel?

Thank you for taking the time to respond. The issue seems to have remedied itself. I don't know what I am doing differently today from last night but it works. I have a different problem now, getting my camera to trigger the CC unit but I will ask on a new thread. Thank you.

Top Top

Post a reply
 [ 3 posts ]