Paul C. Buff, Inc. Technical Forum

Technical Discussion Forum for all Paul C. Buff, Inc. Products

Login

Post a reply
 [ 2 posts ] 

Tue Dec 09, 2014 7:49 pm

I recently moved from using Canon 580EX II to Paul C Buff Einstein E640 lights for most of my studio work. I have a number of Lastolite Softboxes that I used with the Flash unit that I would ideally like to use with my Einsteins. I am currently working on creating an adapter for the Lastolite boxes to fit the Einsteins.

I ordered the "Fotodiox Pro Studio Solutions EZ-Pro Softbox Speedring Insert for Alien Bees Strobe Flash B400, B800, B1600" from Amazon http://www.amazon.com/Fotodiox-Studio-Solutions-Softbox-Speedring/dp/B003EWNW92/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1418171100&sr=8-2&keywords=speedring+for+alien+bees and it works 99% - not quite perfect but perfect enough for the Lastolite Octobox, Softbox and Stripbox products I have.

Does anyone have any advice how do this? Has anyone done this before and (1) succeeded or (2) failed? Is there any reason why this is not a good idea? (I'm worried about the heat from the modeling light, but intend to turn those off when using the Lastolite softboxes).

I do have a number of Paul C Buff softboxes as well, but I'd like to reuse what I also have.

Top Top

#

Tue Dec 09, 2014 9:00 pm

Site Admin

If you are talking about the Lastolite EZBox type box, then the insert you purchased (assuming it is correctly sized) would fit the rear of the box instead of the lollipop shaped bracket. Super easy, really.

I share your concern about the heat from the modeling lamp, but otherwise see no issues that would not be equally present on a speedlite (i.e. wind pulling the box off).

Top Top

Post a reply
 [ 2 posts ]