Paul C. Buff, Inc. Technical Forum

Technical Discussion Forum for all Paul C. Buff, Inc. Products

Login

Post a reply
 [ 5 posts ] 

Tue Jan 20, 2015 7:48 pm

So I am totally new to having a alien bee, well to using any strobes! I have googled the topic a lot but no success :? :? , has anyone connected a d750 to a AB? If you have what do i need, PLEASE!

Top Top

#

Wed Jan 21, 2015 10:16 am

Site Admin

The D750 does not have a PC terminal (the default way to connect a flash. Also, the PC port is not a USB port for a computer. Rather it is a round connection in a round connection). In this case, you will need a hotshoe adapter in order to connect the cord. http://www.paulcbuff.com/hsa.php

Alternatively, you can get a radio remote system that allows you to trigger the flash without the camera being tethered by a cable. A basic set up would be a CST and CSR (the 2nd and 5th items): http://www.paulcbuff.com/cybersync.php

If you need something immediately, you can set the D750's pop up flash to manual and optically trigger the Alien Bee. You will need to set the pop up to manual so that the preflash does not fire and trigger the AB too early. You can also use a speedlight (i.e. SB700 or SB910) in manual mode to do the same. In either case, you will also likely want to dial the power down so that it does not impact your exposure. Specific settings will vary based on the device, but will be detailed in the operator's manual(s).

Top Top

#

Tue Jul 14, 2015 8:42 pm

I am having the same issue getting my D750 to fire my alien bees using the cybersync transmitter. I know it's not the transmitter bc it works perfectly fine on my D700. Anyone know why cybersync doesn't work on the D750 or how to make it work?

Top Top

#

Wed Jul 15, 2015 10:23 am

Site Admin

One thing about the 750 hotshoe is devices can slide a little farther forward as compared to other Nikons. Try sliding the CST a tiny bit back and/or turning it around in the hotshoe.

Top Top

#

Wed Dec 23, 2015 8:17 pm

I have to use this: Pixel TF-322 Flash Hot Shoe Sync Adapter on my D750

Top Top

Post a reply
 [ 5 posts ]