Paul C. Buff, Inc. Technical Forum

Technical Discussion Forum for all Paul C. Buff, Inc. Products

Login

Post a reply
 [ 2 posts ] 

Sat Feb 21, 2015 5:49 am

I just picked up my portrait set from Paul C. Buff and I am loving it so far. Two quick questions.

When I shoot, I tend to shoot with multiple cameras. Is it possible to have 2 cyber commanders (one on each camera) and use them both to read levels from the lights and change them?

Does the cyber commander have a power button on it at all to turn it on and off? I haven't seen this at all and just wondering.

Thanks.

Top Top

#

Sun Feb 22, 2015 12:08 am

Site Admin

Yes, it is possible, but not practical. The design of the Cyber Commander is to be used as an incident meter before the shot, and manual remote power control. If two Cyber Commanders are used, one would/could override the other, making the same exposure from both cameras cumbersome.

For my money, I would use one Cyber Commander in hand/pocket, and put a basic CST in each hotshoe. The CST will fire the lights based on the CC's commands.

The Cyber Commander is always in a ready to fire state, and is not switched off completely, though it does automatically enter a standby state after 20 seconds (adjustible), or you can press in and hold for two seconds the left joystick. In the standby state, with the latest firmware, your batteries should last several months.

Top Top

Post a reply
 [ 2 posts ]