Paul C. Buff, Inc. Technical Forum

Technical Discussion Forum for all Paul C. Buff, Inc. Products

Login

Post a reply
 [ 2 posts ] 

Tue Feb 17, 2015 1:28 pm

Use Caution: The USB slot on top of the Einstein is not very big, so you can actually miss inserting the card, as I did, and the usb card dropped into the flash unit. In the process of opening up the Einstein to retrieve my errant usb card, I was really impressed by the guts of the machine - nice work! Good news is that I put it all back together, no parts left over, and the unit continues to function as designed.
Perhaps future models can prevent such an innocent mishap by eliminating any gaps between the case and the slot.

Top Top

Website

#

Sat Feb 21, 2015 10:06 am

The same thing happened to me! I didn't see the tiny SD card fall into the Einstein, so I spent a very frustrating hour on my hands and knees looking everywhere for it. After that failed, I shook the Einstein and heard something rattling inside. I thought it was impossible for the card to be in there, but it was! I had to disassemble the Einstein to find that nasty little card, probably voiding my warranty in the process. Those micro cards are soo small it's easy to drop or lose them and they are hard to see. Who's idea was it to use a micro SD card anyway, there's room to fit a standard SD card and everyone already has those around? I see only disadvantages to using those miniscule cards for anything, what's the good part? The other thing is that I almost need a tweezers and magnifying glass to manipulate the card in and out of the tiny slot without losing it. I'm glad I only have to deal with it occasionally. I like everything else about the Einstein except for the poor ability to securely hold larger softboxes and modifiers.

Top Top

Post a reply
 [ 2 posts ]