Paul C. Buff, Inc. Technical Forum

Technical Discussion Forum for all Paul C. Buff, Inc. Products

Login

Post a reply
 [ 3 posts ] 

Sun Apr 05, 2015 4:02 pm

I am trying unsuccessfully to use a pair of Yongnuo RF-603N to trigger my Alien Bees 800 and need help finding out if I am just wasting my time.

When I hook up the receiver using an auxiliary synch cord it fires the unit when I press the transmitter button as long as it is not mounted on my camera. I tried mounting the transmitter unit on both my D600 and D5000 and when I press the shutter button the Alien Bees does not fire. I can remove the transmitter from the camera, press the transmitter button and the light fires just fine. Once I mount it back on the camera nothing happens.

Am I wasting my time or is there just some setting or adapter I am missing? Please don't bother recommending other radio units or other light units, etc. I know there are other combinations that will work.
I am just trying to see if the RF-603N will fire the Alien Bees 800.

Top Top

Website

#

Sun Apr 05, 2015 9:43 pm

Site Admin

does the test button work when mounted to the hotshoe?

Are you mounting the transmitter correctly into the hotshoe? Or,can you get the combo to work with another flash?

Top Top

#

Mon Apr 06, 2015 1:18 pm

This should work fine, I am using the RF-603C which is the same, just comes with a Canon cord instead of Nikon. I do remember something like if you try to shoot from live view it wont fire the flash or some other mode. Its a camera setting that needs to be changed.

Top Top

Post a reply
 [ 3 posts ]