Paul C. Buff, Inc. Technical Forum

Technical Discussion Forum for all Paul C. Buff, Inc. Products

Login

Post a reply
 [ 4 posts ] 

Fri Jul 03, 2015 10:19 am

Hi, I have 2 Einsteins, 1 cyber commander. All are up to date with firmware.

I'm having an issue with the CC, whenever it is on and synced any of the strobes it randomly reboots which then makes either one of the Einsteins flicker uncontrollably. Ive already had one or two models jokingly call me on it saying next time it would induce a seizure lol.

Ive since stopped using the CC and have gotten a CC Trigger Transmitter. The issue instantly stopped and hasn't happened again.

Any suggestions or feedback?

Jer

Top Top

#

Fri Jul 03, 2015 7:38 pm

Site Admin

What happens if you remove the SD card?

Top Top

#

Sun Jul 12, 2015 2:36 am

Technical Support wrote:
What happens if you remove the SD card?

I have experienced this exact same issue with my CC and Einsteins. It seems to happen when the CC is in the hot shoe of the camera. It doesn't do it when it's off the camera.

When I reported it to tech support the suggested solution was to purchase the trigger to keep on the camera and use the CC to only perform lighting adjustments. I also fine the mount to be somewhat sloppy compared to other triggers I have.

Top Top

#

Mon Jul 13, 2015 10:27 am

Site Admin

gene_h@cox.net wrote:
I have experienced this exact same issue with my CC and Einsteins. It seems to happen when the CC is in the hot shoe of the camera. It doesn't do it when it's off the camera.

Is it rebooting? If so, try removing the SD card. If not, then it could be making intermittent contact with the camera, or there is an internal fault with the foot.

Top Top

Post a reply
 [ 4 posts ]