Paul C. Buff, Inc. Technical Forum

Technical Discussion Forum for all Paul C. Buff, Inc. Products

Login

Post a reply
 [ 10 posts ] 

Sun Apr 18, 2010 7:52 pm

Will the current PCB travel bag for the AB's fit the Einstein?
Thanks

Top Top

#

Sun Apr 18, 2010 9:01 pm

a2rob wrote:
Will the current PCB travel bag for the AB's fit the Einstein?
Thanks

Hope you have better luck getting an answer to this question than I did:

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=439#p2640

Dave F.

Top Top

#

Mon Apr 19, 2010 9:47 am

Site Admin

a2rob, yes, the einstein and 8.5" reflector will fit, but just barely. It takes a but of convincing to get the pair out of the bag.

Top Top

#

Mon Apr 19, 2010 10:50 am

Technical Support wrote:
a2rob, yes, the einstein and 8.5" reflector will fit, but just barely. It takes a but of convincing to get the pair out of the bag.

Now my feelings are hurt :(

Dave F.

Top Top

#

Mon Apr 19, 2010 11:03 am

Are there plans to make new bags that will fit einstein and the recommended 8.5" reflector or should we go with the AB bag? I'm down the line on the list so hopefully new bags are in the offing.

Top Top

#

Mon Apr 19, 2010 11:48 am

Site Admin

tetrode wrote:

Now my feelings are hurt :(

Dave F.

I am confused. The only answer given to a2rob was that it fit, but just barely. In your post, you stated that I already said it would fit, but it is tight. As to which you should buy is a personal choice based on need, availability, and tolerance of the fit (which is really tight). No hurt feelings intended, I did not understand the question was directed toward me. Anyway, sales suggestions should be directed to Customer Service.

toclabs, we will offer bags to appropriately fit all lights. I cannot make any allusions to time frame, as i do not know.

Top Top

#

Mon Apr 19, 2010 1:29 pm

Technical Support wrote:
I am confused. The only answer given to a2rob was that it fit, but just barely. In your post, you stated that I already said it would fit, but it is tight. As to which you should buy is a personal choice based on need, availability, and tolerance of the fit (which is really tight). No hurt feelings intended, ...

Actually, my original question was very specific and ignored. I wrote:

"...So, the question is should early (Einstein) adopters purchase the CB1 or wait for a more suitable dedicated travel bag to be made available in the near future?"

Dave F.

Top Top

#

Mon Apr 19, 2010 2:06 pm

Site Admin

Sorry, I did not mean for it to come across as ignored. I thought it was a general opinion question to the masses. Yes, we will be releasing a bag suitable for Einstein at some point (not sure when). If you need a bag immediately upon delivery of Einstein, get the CB1 if it is all that is available. If you can go without for a while, or another option is available, i would not reccomend the CB1 (or WLBAG).

Top Top

#

Mon Apr 19, 2010 4:18 pm

Technical Support wrote:
Sorry, I did not mean for it to come across as ignored. I thought it was a general opinion question to the masses. Yes, we will be releasing a bag suitable for Einstein at some point (not sure when). If you need a bag immediately upon delivery of Einstein, get the CB1 if it is all that is available. If you can go without for a while, or another option is available, i would not reccomend the CB1 (or WLBAG).

Thank you very much. I'll take your advice and pass on the CB1 for now and wait to see what you folks come up with down the road. A Retro-Laser Einstein bag, perhaps.

Dave F.

Top Top

#

Mon Apr 19, 2010 6:29 pm

I am going for the CB1. My Einstein should be shipping tomorrow since I already paid..
I need immediate protection for the light.

Top Top

Post a reply
 [ 10 posts ]