Paul C. Buff, Inc. Technical Forum

Technical Discussion Forum for all Paul C. Buff, Inc. Products

Login

Post a reply
 [ 2 posts ] 

Sun Oct 04, 2015 6:35 pm

I turned my unit off (abr 800) using the power switch before turning off the modeling lamp using the small push button. When I turned it back on the modeling lamp won't work. am I missing something? What do the track and cycle settings do? Sorry I'm a newbie with this unit

Top Top

#

Mon Oct 05, 2015 9:19 am

Site Admin

Generally, it is OK to turn the power switch on and off regardless of the model lamp setting. "Track" means the model lamp brightness will increase and decrease with the flash power. Turn this off, and the model lamp stays at full power when on. "Cycle" means the model lamp goes out when the light is fired, and comes back on when the light is recycled. With this off, the model stays on while shooting. If the model lamp is set to off via the white button, these buttons are irrelevant.

As for trouble shooting, make sure nothing is plugged into the telephone jack and see if the model lamps work OK. Also, make sure you are getting the green ready light.

If those check out OK, then there are eight model lamps in two, four model lamp circuits, one in a "+" shape, and one in an "X" shape (or, every other bulb is on the same circuit). If one bulb goes out, then the other three bulbs in the circuit will go out. For all model lamps to be out, you must have at least two bulbs, one on each circuit, to be out.

Replacement bulbs were shipped with the ABR800, and it is a matter of replacing the correct ones. Sometimes it is visible before removal, sometimes it will require removal and testing (or trial and error) to determine a bad model lamp.

Top Top

Post a reply
 [ 2 posts ]