Paul C. Buff, Inc. Technical Forum

Technical Discussion Forum for all Paul C. Buff, Inc. Products

Login

Post a reply
 [ 6 posts ] 

Thu Dec 17, 2009 2:20 pm

I currently have 2 CSR+'s, I am going to make the change to einsteins when they become available and I am wondering if they will still be read automatically by the CC if not using the plug-in module. I can see from the renderings posted so far that it does have the phone jack in the back, so I know I can use them.

Top Top

#

Thu Dec 17, 2009 3:46 pm

Site Admin

Hey Derek,
I am not sure which renderings or what component of them you are referring to, but the Einsteins do not have the RJ-11 jack on the back, therefore they will not be compatabile with the CSR+ or CSRB+, outside of basic triggering. The CSXCV module will be required for full functionality of the CyberCommander.

Top Top

#

Thu Dec 17, 2009 7:11 pm

Wow that's too bad, but I guess you can't have everything. I guess the small pictures I was looking at I was thinking that the power plug was the RJ-11 rack, my bad.

Top Top

#

Fri Dec 18, 2009 1:07 pm

The module is only ~$30.

It's not as if you need to cough up an add'l $90.

The poor people "left out" :lol: are users of the LG4X (Four-Channel Wired Remote Control)

John

Top Top

#

Wed Dec 23, 2009 12:56 am

Site Admin

I purposely left off the RJ11 jack from Einstein. It's immense digital capability would be wasted by the 23 year old RJ11 analog remote standard and everyone would have to pay more for Einsteins for capability few would use. The closest thing to Einstein plus Cyber Commander is in the $13,000 range and still doesn't do what Einstein/CC does.

The transceiver interface opens the door to future remote solutions both simpler than Cyber Commander as well as more complex. Also, unlike lights with built in PW or Skyport receivers, the plug in transceiver won't render Einstein obsolete if a better rf link comes down the pike.

I can design these things very quickly, but can't find a tech staff or consultants that can keep up. Any of you a really capable Technology VP/Engineer? . . . we have a job for you.

Like Apple, we felt we needed to move to the next 20 years technology to really move forward. Can't support OS9 or DOS forever. LG4X is a model T compared to Cyber Commander, which happens to cost less than a comparable flashmeter alone.

Derek - CSR+ is technically a "dumb" receiver and cannot do the automatic setup done by the Transceiver Module, nor can it control Einstein . . . . only fire it.

Top Top

#

Wed Dec 23, 2009 8:45 am

Hello Luap,

it so happens that I am the chief engineer for a large avionics company, with many years of complex electronic product development and manufacturing transition under my belt... and a passion for photography on the side. I am highly impressed by the work you guys are doing, and would love to see your products continue to take the market place that they deserve.

Send me an e-mail if you want to discuss things, and keep up the awesome work!

--Stefano

Top Top

Website

Post a reply
 [ 6 posts ]