Just added a cheap ($9.00) 80 cm grid I bought off eBay to my 30" moonunit. Obviously it wasnt made for the moonunit, but I was able to attach it. I will have to do some slight modification to make it easier to attach and remain attached. I added the front diffusion panel before I added the grid. Wanted to try this to control light spill from the moonunit. I then trigger the ABR800 with radiopoppers. I am doing this since the ABR800 is my only studio strobe. since the ABR800 is versatile
I also use it with PLM's and with Vagabond Mini I use Ken Wheeler mod to use for events.
I havent really put it through the test to a great extent. Am I barking up the wrong tree or would this be helpful. I wanted to have a gridded octabox for the ABR.
Here is setup: https://www.flickr.com/photos/yachtclub/25373791404/
Here is first test shot and explanation what I was trying to do: https://www.flickr.com/photos/yachtclub/26006487565/