Paul C. Buff, Inc. Technical Forum

Technical Discussion Forum for all Paul C. Buff, Inc. Products

Login

Post a reply
 [ 7 posts ] 

Thu Apr 22, 2010 9:16 am

TS,

When I change my batteries all of my previous saved memories are erased.
Yes I physically verify that I Save each setting. As long as I do not change the batteries it will remember the setting from day to day.

Likewise, the memory card cannot be removed. I noticed this when I received this replacement unit and thought that I would not have a reason to remove, but I would like to save the setting on my computer via the SD.

Top Top

#

Thu Apr 22, 2010 9:46 am

Site Admin

The memory issue sounds like a corrupted card. This has been addressed in the latest firmware, so please check to see if your unit is in need of the update.

As for the card removal, if you are having troubles, use the tip of a knife blade or similar to pry out on the card from the battery compartment side.

Top Top

#

Thu Apr 22, 2010 9:57 am

Technical Support wrote:
The memory issue sounds like a corrupted card. This has been addressed in the latest firmware, so please check to see if your unit is in need of the update.

As for the card removal, if you are having troubles, use the tip of a knife blade or similar to pry out on the card from the battery compartment side.

The memory has the latest firmware which is v29. Pry it out with a knife?
I will return the unit so that you can "pry it out"
Thanks

Top Top

#

Fri Apr 23, 2010 11:23 am

Likewise, the memory card cannot be removed. I noticed this when I received this replacement unit and thought that I would not have a reason to remove, but I would like to save the setting on my computer via the SD.

How are you attempting to remove it, and how does it respond?

Press it inward--is there a heard and felt "click?" Does it not move outward a small amount at that time? It may not pop completely out--that's when you would use some small tool to pull it completely out. But the "catch" should release it when you first push it inward.

Top Top

#

Fri Apr 23, 2010 2:54 pm

Site Admin

The only problem with removing the SD card is that it can catch on the inner lip of the slot. This was caused by design limitations of the housing and the impossibility of moving the SD card socket out a bit. If this happens, all it takes is to push the card in with a small knife blade or screwdriver and push slightly up or down as it comes up so it clears the inner housing lip. Very easy to do . . . it comes out by itself in most cases.

Top Top

#

Sun Apr 25, 2010 10:05 am

Luap wrote:
The only problem with removing the SD card is that it can catch on the inner lip of the slot. This was caused by design limitations of the housing and the impossibility of moving the SD card socket out a bit. If this happens, all it takes is to push the card in with a small knife blade or screwdriver and push slightly up or down as it comes up so it clears the inner housing lip. Very easy to do . . . it comes out by itself in most cases.

Ok, done turns out the card must have been defective. Purchased another from wallie world and the settings are stored.
Thanks!!

On a side note, is it common to have a high number of flashes on the Einstein from factory? I am talking over one thousand. I read that the AB's have a burn-in before shipping and I assume this holds true with the Einstein.

Top Top

#

Sun Apr 25, 2010 5:41 pm

Site Admin

We attempt to do as much burn in and testing as possible to weed out any problems, particularly in this early stage of production. Most don't have quite a thousand flashes, but will have several hundred.

Top Top

Post a reply
 [ 7 posts ]