Paul C. Buff, Inc. Technical Forum

Technical Discussion Forum for all Paul C. Buff, Inc. Products

Login

Post a reply
 [ 4 posts ] 

Fri Apr 29, 2016 3:46 pm

Cyber Commander will not fire all units. I can change power on the different units from the CC and I can turn on and off slave and probably everything else but it will only fire all units once in every 10-12 attempts. One light goes off all the time, but the other four only very intermittently.

I have never had any problems until yesterday and I had to switch over to slave and trigger them with a small portable flash.
I have checked and rechecked the setting and refreshed and refreshed but still not working.

The toggle buttons on my CC fell off and were lost a long time ago so I have been using my fingernail to move everything around but I doubt that could be the cause.

Top Top

#

Sat Apr 30, 2016 5:53 pm

I forgot to clarify these are all Einstein heads

Top Top

#

Mon May 02, 2016 1:28 pm

Site Admin

johncnlv wrote:
Cyber Commander will not fire all units. I can change power on the different units from the CC and I can turn on and off slave and probably everything else but it will only fire all units once in every 10-12 attempts. One light goes off all the time, but the other four only very intermittently.

When you say you can change power, is that by observing the model lamp go brighter and dimmer, the graph on the CC go up and down, or the graph on the flash go up and down?

When you cannot trigger, is this via the hot shoe (i.e. taking a photo), or via the joysticks?

johncnlv wrote:
The toggle buttons on my CC fell off and were lost a long time ago so I have been using my fingernail to move everything around but I doubt that could be the cause.

Missing caps will not affect triggering via the foot, but may hinder triggering from the buttons. Also, we can send you more button caps. Just send an email with your name and address and request for buttons.

Top Top

#

Tue May 03, 2016 7:27 pm

Thank you for the reply.

This appears to be solved...
I turned off all units, unplugged them, took out the receivers and went into today, plugged everything back in turned on CC and Voila! Like there had never been a problem...

We had a storm a day or two before....maybe and electrical surge or ?

Anyhow, happy once again.

Top Top

Post a reply
 [ 4 posts ]