Paul C. Buff, Inc. Technical Forum

Technical Discussion Forum for all Paul C. Buff, Inc. Products

Login

Post a reply
 [ 2 posts ] 

Mon May 23, 2016 9:34 am

Hi all. I have 2 cybersync receiver plus (battery) units that are a few years old. I haven't used them in a while, and I recently had a need to fire a speedlight as a hair light, along with my einsteins using the cyber commander. I can hook up either of the csrb+ units to either the 580ex II or the 600, and the units fire when pressing the test button. The commander will recognize both the einsteins and the csrb+ unit. But, the speedlight will never flash. My commander unit is a couple of years old as well.

I'm wondering if there is something I'm doing wrong, or maybe some changes have been made to help with this issue, or ???? I would really like a reliable way to integrate my speedlights. I set the speedlights to manual mode, at normally 1/16 power.

Thanks
Don

Top Top

#

Mon May 23, 2016 11:11 am

Site Admin

Two things:

First make sure you are not in any remote mode. Sometimes having this on will disable the foot and PC socket.

Second, be sure the lights are defined in the Cyber Commander. In the SETUP screen, go to SPEC LIGHTS, and select the channels and define them as OTHER>SPEEDLIGHT. They can be defined as anything, really, but if you are going through the steps, may as well do it right.

Top Top

Post a reply
 [ 2 posts ]