Paul C. Buff, Inc. Technical Forum

Technical Discussion Forum for all Paul C. Buff, Inc. Products

Login

Post a reply
 [ 13 posts ] 

Wed Sep 14, 2016 8:52 am

Site Admin

keithsimmons wrote:
I love my Einstein, but the halogen bulb is killing my battery pack and the heat gets warm with my beauty dish.

Would this LED bulb work or will it cause my unit to blow a fuse?

https://www.amazon.com/LED-Equivalent-Daylight-Candelabra-Lighting/dp/B01HELYG16/ref=sr_1_12?s=hi&ie=UTF8&qid=1473792460&sr=1-12&keywords=120v+led

Power wise, these bulbs would be fine. However, the base style is incorrect, so it will not physically fit. A similar bulb that will fit and should work can be found a couple of posts up in this thread. (posted by yitzy)/ The Base needs to be a BA15d.

Top Top

#

Tue Oct 25, 2016 5:45 pm

Technical Support wrote:
It would take a major redesign of most parts in Einstein to fit the DB model lamp. I am not in a position to speak in absolutes as to whether or not Einstein 640 will get updated to a new model lamp, but it is pretty safe to say one would not be able to retro fit an LED to a current version Einstein.

It would seem a logical move to update the Einstein 640 to the 400 watt equivalent LED non-user replaceable type modeling system integrated into the new Digi Bee units. I suspect there would be quite a demand for the updated unit.

I recently purchased a Digi Bee 800 and love the way it works and the modeling light is fabulous .. and cool. it's obviously perfect for still photography and perhaps a viable solution (Even with the fan noise) to create B Roll video using the same lights.

Any updates on the possibility of an LED modeling updated Einstein 640?
Could the LED modeling light be more in the range of 600 watt equivalent?

Top Top

Website

#

Thu Oct 27, 2016 9:49 am

Site Admin

El Photo Jefe wrote:
Any updates on the possibility of an LED modeling updated Einstein 640?
Could the LED modeling light be more in the range of 600 watt equivalent?

No updates at this time, and what bightness they could achive would be pure speculation at this point. If and when Einsteins are fitted with an LED, we will be sure to post here, our website, and our social media outlets.

Top Top

Post a reply
 [ 13 posts ]