Paul C. Buff, Inc. Technical Forum

Technical Discussion Forum for all Paul C. Buff, Inc. Products

Login

Post a reply
 [ 5 posts ] 

Tue Jul 19, 2016 6:37 pm

Hello. I have the 51" and see that it is no longer available. Is there a reason for that? See that only 64" is available, when its ready.

Top Top

Website

#

Wed Jul 20, 2016 4:44 pm

Site Admin

We have trimmed our PLM line of modifiers. We have kept our better sellers, and discontinued those that did not sell as well.

PLMs were generally popular for their large size, which was not a real advantage of the 51" versions. Our sales tended to concentrate on 64" versions, which provided a large size, but still manageable. Those that wanted something super soft went with the 86" white, so we are keeping the 64 in white and soft silver, and 86 in the white. We have discontinued the speedring versions entirely, and all models will have an 8mm shaft.

We still have various models that are being discontinued, but only while supplies last, and sales are final on these items.

Top Top

#

Sun Jul 24, 2016 4:39 pm

Mine wasn't discontinued when I bought it. Am I still able to return it for the larger, seemingly better one?

Top Top

Website

#

Sun Jul 24, 2016 6:53 pm

Site Admin

Returns for non-closeout items is available for the first 60 days after purchase. Closeout items are all-sales-final.

If you have any questions as to when an item was purchased, or its status when purchased, I would recommend contacting our customer service team at the number in my signature.

Top Top

#

Wed Jul 27, 2016 1:26 pm

I'll say again that I regret you discontinuing the speedring versions. I prefer them, at least when given the "nut and bolt" modification. But using them with the supplied wingbolt is a PITA, and I suspect that that's has made them less popular than the umbrella-mount version.

Top Top

Post a reply
 [ 5 posts ]