Paul C. Buff, Inc. Technical Forum

Technical Discussion Forum for all Paul C. Buff, Inc. Products

Login

Post a reply
 [ 5 posts ] 

Wed Jul 27, 2016 10:35 am

So since I've had my cybersync commander and einsteins, I have noticed that I either have to put my meter in ALL OR hit the test button on each light first before I can independently meter each channel or individual light. Let me try to rephrase that...lol. Right when I turn everything on, I will choose channel one on my commander and nothing happens when I hit the meter button unless I test fire from the light first or go from channel one to all on the meter itself. After that, I can switch back to just meter channel one and it works fine.

Top Top

#

Wed Jul 27, 2016 4:22 pm

Site Admin

First, how many times do you hit the meter button before switching to ALL? It is expected for the first attempt to fire/meter upon wake up to be ignored (to avoid inadvertent commands).

Second, do the flashes fire, and the CC does not meter, or is there no firing along with no metering?

Last, be sure you are pressing the correct joystick. The RIGHT joystick meters, while the LEFT joystick only triggers.

Top Top

#

Thu Aug 04, 2016 6:31 am

Technical Support wrote:
First, how many times do you hit the meter button before switching to ALL? It is expected for the first attempt to fire/meter upon wake up to be ignored (to avoid inadvertent commands).

Second, do the flashes fire, and the CC does not meter, or is there no firing along with no metering?

Last, be sure you are pressing the correct joystick. The RIGHT joystick meters, while the LEFT joystick only triggers.

When pressing the RIGHT METER button several times, nothing happens until I manually fire the strobe from the unit OR set the CC to All and the back to specific channel again. Once everything works it will fire and meter.

Top Top

#

Thu Aug 04, 2016 9:47 am

Site Admin

Hm.

And the lights are defined in the CC properly. If you select that specific channel, in the lower right corner above "REFRESH" it says, in blue, "Einstein640"? You should also have vertical bars for each channel.

And this problem is exhibited in all channels assigned to a light?

Once going, all other functions work, i.e. power up power down, etc?

Top Top

#

Wed Aug 10, 2016 7:08 pm

Technical Support wrote:
Hm.

And the lights are defined in the CC properly. If you select that specific channel, in the lower right corner above "REFRESH" it says, in blue, "Einstein640"? You should also have vertical bars for each channel.

Technical Support wrote:
Hm.

Yes to everything.

Technical Support wrote:

Top Top

Post a reply
 [ 5 posts ]