Paul C. Buff, Inc. Technical Forum

Technical Discussion Forum for all Paul C. Buff, Inc. Products

Login

Post a reply
 [ 4 posts ] 

Thu Aug 04, 2016 1:03 am

I was out at the beach today during sunset, my vagabond VLX was fully charged, fresh batteries in the cybercommander. I am using the CSXCV for a transceiver. Towards the end of the night, it started to misfire and was not consistent, the vagabond still indicated good life with a green light. Not sure what was causing it. I was using a beauty dish and had the light stand extended to near 11 feet.

Top Top

#

Thu Aug 04, 2016 9:41 am

Site Admin

Can you replicate the problem now? If so, does flash exhibit this behavior from its own test button, or only from the CC?

How far away were you from the light, and were you between the light and subject, or was the light between you and the subject? More specifically, was the HOBD between CC and CSXCV, and/ or might you have been between them? Generally this is not a problem, but at a distance it might be a contributing factor.

Top Top

#

Fri Aug 12, 2016 5:42 pm

Technical Support wrote:
Can you replicate the problem now? If so, does flash exhibit this behavior from its own test button, or only from the CC?

How far away were you from the light, and were you between the light and subject, or was the light between you and the subject? More specifically, was the HOBD between CC and CSXCV, and/ or might you have been between them? Generally this is not a problem, but at a distance it might be a contributing factor.

It only exhibits the behavior only through the CC, the test button fires just fine. The HOBD is between the CC and CSXCV, and I am between that and the subject, so my distance at best is about 6 feet. and ended up having to ditch the CC and use the sync cord.

Top Top

#

Mon Aug 15, 2016 2:32 pm

Site Admin

Does the set up exhibit the same behavior now? if so, then it is likely an issue in the CC foot. If this is the case, contact customer service know, and we can get that corrected promptly.

If it not the case, we should probably nail it down better before issuing any replacements, to ensure we correct the proper item.

Top Top

Post a reply
 [ 4 posts ]