Paul C. Buff, Inc. Technical Forum

Technical Discussion Forum for all Paul C. Buff, Inc. Products

Login

Post a reply
 [ 6 posts ] 

Sat Aug 20, 2016 2:13 pm

I'm just struggling these days. I managed to get cyber commander to update to v.50 but no matter what I try, my Einstein will not accept its update. I get the wave sound that others have described and nothing on the display. I have modified the update file as instructed in another post but it doesn't work. What else is left to try?

Top Top

#

Sat Aug 20, 2016 4:08 pm

Site Admin

First, what version of firmware is loaded on the E640?

what size card are yoau using, and how did you format it (including the type of computer)?

I won't be able to get a full set of instructions posted until monday, but the update is not a performance critical update (i.e. it will not change how it works at all, except maybe to make the fan quieter, depending on the current version).

Also, I would not recommend updating immediately before a shoot without a back up. Not just for our products, but for any.

Top Top

#

Sun Aug 21, 2016 5:09 pm

Thanks for getting back to me. The current firmware is v.31.

I'm using a card that was originally 16 GB micro sdhc but I reformatted it to FAT16 on my Windows PC (running Windows 10) which made it 2 GB. It is the same card that I used to update the firmware on the cyber commander.

Again thank you for the help.

Liana

Top Top

#

Tue Aug 23, 2016 2:41 pm

Site Admin

teendoc wrote:
I'm using a card that was originally 16 GB micro sdhc but I reformatted it to FAT16 on my Windows PC (running Windows 10) which made it 2 GB.
Liana

This may be part of the problem. We have not had much success in our attempts to format larger cards to smaller capacities (though we wont say it is impossible).

The older E640's are kinda particular in the cards they use, and it is likely using a different card is the answer. If you want to email us, we can probably arrange to get a pre-loaded card to you. From there, if there are still problems, we can start from a known point.

Top Top

#

Tue Aug 23, 2016 4:32 pm

I'm having the same problem

old Einstein not recognizing the card
FW 26
1GB card formated to FAT using win 10

Top Top

#

Wed Aug 24, 2016 2:47 pm

Site Admin

Again, I would contact us for a card.

But, you can try these steps.
-load the firmware to the card
-turn the light on
-load the card into the light while on
-use the Function button to go to the Diagnostics screen
-use the arrow button to highlight the word BOOTLOAD
-Press the function button and a new window should appear
-IMMEDIATELY press the test button several times.

If the load is successful, the screen will start to flash, possibly with the screen as it is, maybe with just plain white. If the load is unsuccessful, the screen will probably return to the main screen with no change. You can try again. If it does not take in three attempts, it probably will not, and you should contact us for a card.

Top Top

Post a reply
 [ 6 posts ]