Paul C. Buff, Inc. Technical Forum

Technical Discussion Forum for all Paul C. Buff, Inc. Products

Login

Post a reply
 [ 3 posts ] 

Sat Sep 03, 2016 1:02 pm

Hi, I'm a pro sports shooter. I use 1DX and 1DX MKII.
I need to shoot kitesurfers over the water for night and sunset shoots. To get the fast moving athletes in the air and to freeze the water drops 1/4000 is my sweet spot. The surfers are about 40ft away. I have latitude in ISO and f/5 to f/7.1 would be ideal. TTL would be a dream as they are moving fast in all different directions. I need power! Is there a solution that your company offers for pro sports magazine quality? Thank you. TVSTAFF NYC

Top Top

#

Tue Sep 06, 2016 4:49 pm

Site Admin

Much of this will depend on how much ambient you want to let in. The short answer is, no, we do not have any light that will natively sync above the cameras x-sync speed (1/250-ish).

If you are not allowing much ambient in your exposure, our Einstein will work well to freeze motion, if it is the only source of light. If there is a great deal of ambient, then there will be blur from the ambient light.

If you are shooting kite surfers, I would presume it is from a distance. Distance and higher-than-x-sync speeds are going to mean a great deal of power.

Top Top

#

Tue Sep 06, 2016 4:57 pm

Technical Support wrote:
Much of this will depend on how much ambient you want to let in. The short answer is, no, we do not have any light that will natively sync above the cameras x-sync speed (1/250-ish).

If you are not allowing much ambient in your exposure, our Einstein will work well to freeze motion, if it is the only source of light. If there is a great deal of ambient, then there will be blur from the ambient light.

If you are shooting kite surfers, I would presume it is from a distance. Distance and higher-than-x-sync speeds are going to mean a great deal of power.

Thank you, I purchased a 1200 watt strobe... If that does not do it.... I'll light a pack of matches! :) Thank you!

Top Top

Post a reply
 [ 3 posts ]