Paul C. Buff, Inc. Technical Forum

Technical Discussion Forum for all Paul C. Buff, Inc. Products

Login

Post a reply
 [ 5 posts ] 

Tue Sep 06, 2016 11:58 am

I'm not sure if this topic has been cover?
If it's the case can anyone post reply with anwsers about it.

This is kind of anoying when it come to use modeling light on the einstein 640. Basically it need 5 click just to get the modeling light on and it's about the same number of time over the cybercommander.

Is there ways to get the it changed so it would be a button press to get modeling light on/off. Like 99% of flash head out there work like this, so why the einstein couldn't be ?

Again I'm not an expert so any explications over my 'hypothesis' would be greatly appreciated. Knowing more about how it work would give me the better understanding of options or limitations.

I know with IR remote control, they send hexadecimal number to the receiver and that number is set for a function. Does it work the same over radio frequency ?

Like cyber commander send a data to the flash head to open modeling light, does it need to go over all the menu really ? Is there a 'single code' for open modeling light ?

If cyber commander can't be modify (been reading about it on this forum) can I create a single button transceiver that send radio signal to simply 'open' the modeling light in one click ?

at last is there other options like putting a mecanical switch right on the circuit board ?

I know it not a "beautiful option" cuz wires would hang out of the flash but still it would make sense to have a on/off switch to get fast acess to modeling light.

Thanks for any further help and informations on this topic.

Top Top

#

Wed Sep 07, 2016 9:40 am

Site Admin

What is your intended reason need to switch the model lamps on and off?

The speed of access of the model lamp was not a primary design consideration of Einstein, as most users generally set and forget the Einsteins model lamp settings, at least to the point of not needing to switch on the fly.

There is no means to allow for one touch model lamp control (especially since there is more than one option to set), if for no other reason, there are no more buttons to assign to that function.

As for hardware changes, we cannot make any recommendations to do so, and strongly discourage you from trying, as it will be dangerous if modified incorrectly, and will certainly void the warranty.

As for software disclosure, we are not at liberty to discuss how the remote system works.

Top Top

#

Wed Sep 07, 2016 10:29 am

Bassically you're saying theses Flash head are not for professionnal purpose in some way ? :roll: ;)
Who does not want to open a modeling light on the fly ?!?!

Do you do photography on a regular basis ?
How do you use your modeling light ?
You left them open all day long ?

I do food photography and modeling light staying ON is not good most of the time. Also we work small and very close setup with flash and it's getting the work place hot too fast. Not pratical, not suitable.

They are a good choice for highspeed liquids too...anyway
Do you propose I use another Flash Head Brand ?
;)

Top Top

#

Thu Sep 08, 2016 3:01 pm

Site Admin

While it is not completely turning off the model lamps, you can enter the model screen and reduce the power independently of the flash output. You can take the model lamps down to about 1W.

The menu system will retain the last options in each window, so it is possible to change model lamp settings in three steps, if there is no other steps perfromed in teh menu.

Top Top

#

Thu Sep 08, 2016 3:09 pm

[quote="Technical Support"]While it is not completely turning off the model lamps, you can enter the model screen and reduce the power independently of the flash output. You can take the model lamps down to about 1W.

Good idea.

thanks

Top Top

Post a reply
 [ 5 posts ]