Paul C. Buff, Inc. Technical Forum

Technical Discussion Forum for all Paul C. Buff, Inc. Products

Login

Post a reply
 [ 2 posts ] 

Sat Sep 10, 2016 2:19 am

Hello,

I recently had a few einsteins shipped over to London as there is nothing comparable here within my budget. Since receiving them I've noticed a couple issues with the modelling light which I believe have been exacerbated by the fact that we run off 240v power sockets here. I have been in touch with customer service but thought it may be easier to chat about this here.

The issues are:

1) loud buzzing when modelling light is on, at any power setting
2) Modelling lights become extremely hot very quickly

I don't know if the heat issue is related to being in the UK but I think the buzzing is.

To resolve this I thought I could perhaps try replacing the modelling light with a 240v bulb. It's worth a go. I am aware that it will be dimmer but if it stops the buzzing I'd be happy. My concerns are:

1) Voiding the warranty
2) damaging the unit

Could someone confirm that these bulbs will work and not damage the unit / void the warranty.

https://www.easy-lightbulbs.com/light-b ... 500sbc-iw/

http://www.lamps-on-line.com/halolux-ce ... clear.html

Thank you in advance

Top Top

#

Tue Sep 13, 2016 8:48 am

Site Admin

As was discussed via email, these bulbs are safe to use, however, when running at half voltage you will have 1/4 the brightness. So a 500W light will actually act as a 125W bulb. You would need a 1000W 240V bulb to equate the bulb that shipped with the light.

Also, while these may be safe to use, there is promise they will reduce the buzzing sound that is present.

Top Top

Post a reply
 [ 2 posts ]