Login

Post a reply
 [ 3 posts ] 

Wed Sep 14, 2016 1:49 pm

Equipment used:
White Lighting X1600
Cyber Commander CC
CyberSync Receiver Plus – CSR+

Flash will start flashing over and over by itself even when not triggered. At first I thought it might be miss wired extension cords (hot and neutral to the wrong plug or receptacle pins) but that is not the case. If I place my hand on the top of the flash unit it stops. So I think it might be a grounding problem but that doesn’t appear to be the problem either. It doesn’t happen all the time and out of a group of three heads it varies which one is the problem. No, it doesn't happen to all three lights at the same time. If I have a three light setup for a shoot only one of the units does this and yes I have a plug in the sync jack since I'm running wireless. I have also switched the CyberSync Receiver from one strobe to another and that doesn't solve the problem. I've tagged a light when it happens and that shows that it is a different light each time. In addition I replace one of the CyberSync Receivers to see if that is the problem and it isn't. Could it be the Cyber Commander?

Top Top

#

Wed Sep 14, 2016 3:47 pm

Site Admin

It would not be the Cyber Commander, as it only sends a "fire" command which would be received by all.

Two things,

First, is the power slider of the flash and model lamp set to FULL on the back of the light? If not, it should be.

Second, you were on the right track with a grounding issue. This can come from the mains, an extension cord, a power strip, or even a power cord. If you have not tracked a power cord, you may want to. If you have not removed all extension and power cords, then you should try that.

Have you tracked the telephone cord? And if you are using a cable in the sync jack to disable the
slave, have you ruled a bad one of those out?

Top Top

#

Wed Sep 14, 2016 3:59 pm

Technical Support wrote:
It would not be the Cyber Commander, as it only sends a "fire" command which would be received by all.

Two things,

First, is the power slider of the flash and model lamp set to FULL on the back of the light? If not, it should be.

Second, you were on the right track with a grounding issue. This can come from the mains, an extension cord, a power strip, or even a power cord. If you have not tracked a power cord, you may want to. If you have not removed all extension and power cords, then you should try that.

Have you tracked the telephone cord? And if you are using a cable in the sync jack to disable the
slave, have you ruled a bad one of those out?

I'll review your suggestions. Thanks

Top Top

Post a reply
 [ 3 posts ]