Paul C. Buff, Inc. Technical Forum

Technical Discussion Forum for all Paul C. Buff, Inc. Products

Login

Post a reply
 [ 3 posts ] 

Fri Oct 21, 2016 8:01 pm

I have an inverter that just started malfunctioning; it won't turn on the battery. It's one of two VML's I have, and cross-testing all combos of batteries, inverters, and fuses shows that just one inverter is the issue.

The inverter is well-traveled and well past warranty - even worth having serviced? I am in the middle of my busiest time of year (Fall portrait season) and need to make a quick decision about ordering a replacement inverter or maybe an entire VML pack.

Thanks,

Top Top

Website

#

Mon Oct 24, 2016 8:33 am

Site Admin

The inverter alone would be $40-$55 for service, and a six month warranty on the repair. A replacement inverter is $129, with a 1 year warranty. Shipping is additional in either case. A replacement inverter would also have the benefit of faster turnaround for you, getting to you in about a week, going ground, whereas a repair would take that long, plus the repair time, and plus the time it takes to get to us.

Of course, a belt and suspenders approach would be to purchase one for immediate use, and repair the faulty one.

Top Top

#

Mon Oct 24, 2016 8:19 pm

Thanks very much for confirming my guess :-) I ordered a replacement inverter this morning and will follow up with a repair with my 2nd in a few weeks.

CraĆ­g

Top Top

Website

Post a reply
 [ 3 posts ]