Paul C. Buff, Inc. Technical Forum

Technical Discussion Forum for all Paul C. Buff, Inc. Products

Login

Post a reply
 [ 3 posts ] 

Sun Oct 30, 2016 7:16 pm

I am trying to trigger a speed light with a CSRB+ via a CC hooked up to the x-sync on an old zeiss lens for use as an portable street portrait light to use in conjunction with an old hasselblad 500 cm, but I am running into a small issue. I have the CSRB+ set up properly and firing fine when it is dangling from a lanyard on my neck or the tripod, however in the interest of trying to keep the setup more compact I got a cold shoe attachment for the camera so I can just attach the CC and not have to worry about it hanging, falling, or otherwise getting in the way. The problem is that while it always fires fine while dangling, it will not trigger the flash when attached to the metal cold shoe. Im assuming that the the metal contact on the bottom of the CC is thinking it is attached to a hot shoe and over riding the PC to 2.5mm input that I am actually using to trigger the flash. Is there any way around this or do I just keep letting it dangle?

Top Top

#

Mon Oct 31, 2016 8:50 am

Site Admin

If the cold shoe is all metal, then you are probably keeping the trigger circuit closed at all times. You can put a layer of tape (even scotch tape) on the bottom of the cold shoe to insulate the two from each other.

Top Top

#

Mon Oct 31, 2016 9:49 am

Thanks. A bit of scotch tape worked like a charm.

Top Top

Post a reply
 [ 3 posts ]