Paul C. Buff, Inc. Technical Forum

Technical Discussion Forum for all Paul C. Buff, Inc. Products

Login

Post a reply
 [ 3 posts ] 

Wed Nov 30, 2016 8:58 am

Recently, I have been unable to change the power of my 4 Einstein lights from the Cyber Commander. The lights function properly when controlled from the on-unit controls but I can't change their power output from the main Cyber Commander screen.

I walked back through the manual and Opened all from STUDIO. But when I completed the setup and returned to the main Cyber Commander screen, the lights did not have a grey bar, blue bar, red bar or anything. The up and down actuation of the left joystick does not change the light's power.

Also, the down actuation on the Cyber Commander left joystick no longer works. The Cyber Commander is only 2 years old.

Top Top

#

Thu Dec 01, 2016 8:56 am

I hope this gets recognition.

I got the Cyber Commander to allow me to adjust the power of the lights. I formatted the Micro SD card and opened all from STUDIO and it seems to work. If I changed the Spec Lights setting from its default to "Other" it would stop working.

However, the down actuation on the left joystick still doesn't work. This means I can only turn the lights UP and not down. I also can't change many settings on the Cyber Commander. How can I fix this?

Top Top

#

Thu Dec 01, 2016 10:20 am

Site Admin

It sounds like the initial setup was not done properly, either by user error or by an automation error. Now that it has been re-done, you should not have problems related to that portion.

As for the down adjustment, first, be sure you are in an individual channel when you test it.

Also, there could be debris under the joy stick. Press up and blow or sweep under the cap to ensure nothing is lodged in there. If that does not resolve the issue, then the unit will need to come in for repair. If it is under the 2 year warranty, the repair and domestic ground shipping from us to you is covered. If it outside teh 2 year warranty, the cost to repair would be about $35 or $80 dependingon the root issue, plus shipping.

You can fidn more about the repair process here:

http://www.paulcbuff.com/repair.php

Top Top

Post a reply
 [ 3 posts ]