Paul C. Buff, Inc. Technical Forum

Technical Discussion Forum for all Paul C. Buff, Inc. Products

Login

Post a reply
 [ 4 posts ] 

Wed Nov 30, 2016 12:40 pm

I have a CST that I use with my Einstein's. As I shoot (10-20 shots) I will get intermittent non-flashes (maybe 1-2). The Einstein is fully recycled when this happens. I have tried replacing the battery, but the problem still occurs. I swapped it out for a second CST I own and the problem went away. When I go back to the 1st CST- same problem again. This all occurred in the same environment/time as I switched between the two CST's.

Any suggestions as to what may be the issue. BTW, these are both the previous CST models (CST 1?) with the rounded antennas.

Top Top

#

Fri Dec 02, 2016 10:10 am

Site Admin

I would bet there is a marginal contact in the CST that is intermittently being lost. We have some tips that can help regain contact, or we may be able to correct it under warranty, if applicable.

For the tips or warranty status, please give us a call, and we can better assist you.

Top Top

#

Thu Dec 08, 2016 3:40 pm

I am having the exact same problem with mine, on nikon d800 hotshot. I have fresh batteries. shall I all for tips, or can you share here?

Thank you!

Rich

Top Top

#

Fri Dec 09, 2016 9:55 am

Site Admin

Contact Customer Service. That way we can determine warranty status, and possibly walk you through the steps in real time.

Top Top

Post a reply
 [ 4 posts ]