Paul C. Buff, Inc. Technical Forum

Technical Discussion Forum for all Paul C. Buff, Inc. Products

Login

Post a reply
 [ 3 posts ] 

Tue Jan 10, 2017 5:28 pm

So I picked up a cheap 'Opteka' brand duel hot shoe adapter for my 6D, so that I could trigger my Cyber Commander and use my YN565 speed light at the same time.

Unfortunately once both items are on the shoes just about any button press on the camera will cause the CC to trigger the Einstein light, which then sets off a rapid burst of flashes which typically only stops when I pull one of the items off of the hot shoe.

My first thought was that something wasn't seated correctly, but since everything works fine on its own I'm guessing there is some sort of compatibility issue I'm missing.

Top Top

#

Tue Jan 10, 2017 5:36 pm

Site Admin

There may be a compatability issue. First, there is a speedlite which is reversed engineered, and an adapter which may or may not be miswired. If possible, I would suggest trying a Canon branded speedlite. Also, if possible, check for continuity among all the adapter connections. Middle to middle, side to side, and each of the TTL pins.

Unfortunately, I cannot really speak to the general suitability of any of these items, as we have not tested with them.

Top Top

#

Tue Jan 10, 2017 7:22 pm

Good to know that there shouldn't be any issue using the CC in a duel hotshoe set up.

I noticed that the Einstein doesn't fire while the speed light is shooting its AF assist and the camera is seeking focus. I have a feeling it's the speedlight causing the issue. I'll see if I can snag a canon and test that out.

Top Top

Post a reply
 [ 3 posts ]