Paul C. Buff, Inc. Technical Forum

Technical Discussion Forum for all Paul C. Buff, Inc. Products

Login

Post a reply
 [ 2 posts ] 

Mon Apr 26, 2010 11:52 am

I recently received a partial shipment of stuff I ordered. One day to Canada....not bad at all!

Anyway, after unpacking the goods, naturally I started playing with it and I found something very odd, to my mind. I ordered the 22" High Output Beauty Dish with both grids, the 15 and 30 degree. Putting them in is a bit of an experience, but taking them out is a nightmare, at least for me. On the grid, at 6 O'clock, is the spring thingy to provide tension and hold the grid in place. On these grids and on my 7" grids (which I've had for years) is a plastic tap used to pull the grids out. On the 7" grids, the tab is at 12 O'clock, directly opposite the spring thingy. Unfortunately, on the 22", the tab is at 3 O'clock, making it impossible to pull down, depressing the spring and letting the grid out easily. I actually had to use a screwdriver to pry out the grid.

Since the tabs are pop-riveted on, its going to be fairly simple to drill them out, make holes where they should be and re-pop-rivet them on.

My question is this...is this a mistake by someone, or am I just unique in my lack of skill manipulating these things? :D

Top Top

#

Mon Apr 26, 2010 3:40 pm

Site Admin

The tabs are intended to be used to pull out more so than down. None of our new grids (incl. our new 7" grids) have the tab 180 degrees from the spring. The tabs have been made stronger due to the more secure fit of the grids.

Top Top

Post a reply
 [ 2 posts ]