Paul C. Buff, Inc. Technical Forum

Technical Discussion Forum for all Paul C. Buff, Inc. Products

Login

Post a reply
 [ 2 posts ] 

Mon Jan 30, 2017 9:19 am

I just bought three Alien Bees flash units, two of the AB800 and one AB400 each with their own CyberSync+ AC powered receivers and a Cyber Commander to control them all. I followed the directions, had them set up and they were working perfectly. Used them the other day, dumped & turned off, and left the room.

Didn't change any settings, but when I came back to shoot more photos the receivers were blinking green very faintly when I turned them back on. They wouldn't fire with the CyberCommander, or camera. I have troubleshot has far as I can and I'm stumped. They aren't in standby mode, the CyberCommander batteries cannot be dying. I've only used it twice. I've deleted and recreated the lighting setup in the CC, unplugged and restarted everything. They are all on the same frequency, I tried other frequencies as well, when I hit the test frequency button on the CSR+ it shows red. Not sure how to proceed.

Top Top

#

Mon Jan 30, 2017 11:23 am

Site Admin

Do you get a green blinking LED on the receivers?

If not, or if it is a weak blink, there may be something up with the receivers. I would suggest calling tech support for a full trouble shooting.

Top Top

Post a reply
 [ 2 posts ]