Paul C. Buff, Inc. Technical Forum

Technical Discussion Forum for all Paul C. Buff, Inc. Products

Login

Post a reply
 [ 4 posts ] 

Thu Feb 02, 2017 9:44 pm

I have been using the Cyber Commander for a few months now, and I absolutely love the flash meter function and the digital control. I would prefer to use it as a handheld meter, and keep it in my pocket or off camera. I have been under the impression that I can use the Commander and the CST2 in conjunction. One fires, the other controls. Is this assumption correct? Does anyone do this in practice?

Top Top

#

Thu Feb 02, 2017 11:02 pm

Site Admin

This is totally doable, and we generally recommend this, as it is more convenient, and gives you a smaller device on the camera.

Top Top

#

Fri Feb 03, 2017 7:21 am

Technical Support wrote:
This is totally doable, and we generally recommend this, as it is more convenient, and gives you a smaller device on the camera.

Fantastic!

Top Top

#

Tue Feb 07, 2017 6:53 pm

Technical Support wrote:

After my last post, I did some shooting with the setup I had mentioned earlier. CST2 in the Hot Shoe, Commander beside me. I soon after began to have many of the problems that other Cyber Commander owners are suffering from. Rapid firing from all of the lights, and the CC resetting itself often. I tried several pairs of fresh batteries. I tried shooting with the MiniSD in, and also removed the MiniSD and shot with my setup saved under Internal 1. I bent the battery contacts to ensure a tight fit. Nothing seems to work. The oddest part is, the lights will continue to rapid fire, even after I have pulled the batteries out of the CC. All of the slaves were turned off, what could cause all of this?

I wonder if it has anything to do with my setup? I have (at maximum) 4 White Lighting x1600's with CSR+'s, and 1 Einstein with CSXCV. Are the white lightnings or CSR+'s more problematic than Einsteins?

My CC was bought brand new from PCB within the last 3 months or so, so I am assuming it shouldn't need any servicing. I have been having issues with it almost from day one. I have to say I was incredibly enthusiastic about using this genius tool, but I am sorely disappointed, as many other seem to be. I am determined not to give up yet! Help me out Tech Support!

Top Top

Post a reply
 [ 4 posts ]