Paul C. Buff, Inc. Technical Forum

Technical Discussion Forum for all Paul C. Buff, Inc. Products

Login

Post a reply
 [ 4 posts ] 

Fri Feb 24, 2017 8:48 pm

I have been having trouble with my DB800 and my CSXCV and CyberCommander/CST2 receiver consistency. I believe it has to do with the DB rubber cover. When I have the rubber covers in place, I have trouble getting RF to consistently display at startup. I'm confident that I have the CSXCV properly aligned in the holes with the rubber in place because it will work - but inconsistently. However, when I remove the the rubber cover and put in the CSXCV it is very solid and consistent.

Is anyone else having this problem or has anyone had this problem and solved it? For now I remove the rubber cover and put them back after my shoot. A process that is frustrating and time consuming.

Thanks for your help

Tom

Top Top

#

Tue Feb 28, 2017 12:42 pm

Site Admin

Contact customer service. It may be the light needs to be swapped, if the rubber cap is not aligning properly.

Top Top

#

Fri Mar 03, 2017 6:03 pm

Technical Support wrote:
Contact customer service. It may be the light needs to be swapped, if the rubber cap is not aligning properly.

Thanks, but I don't think it is a problem with a given light. I have 4 DB800s and they all have the same issue. It's like the pins on the CSXCV are not long enough to seat properly in the plug hole because the rubber is just a bit too much. And... I called support they said they'd look into it and call back but I didn't hear anything so I opened this forum entry.

Tom

Top Top

#

Mon Mar 20, 2017 9:39 pm

I have the same problem, had to pull off the boot in order to get then receiver in there and working.

Top Top

Post a reply
 [ 4 posts ]