Paul C. Buff, Inc. Technical Forum

Technical Discussion Forum for all Paul C. Buff, Inc. Products

Login

Post a reply
 [ 4 posts ] 

Sat Feb 25, 2017 9:55 pm

I did a quick search and couldn't find a helpfull topic on this. I have had my Vagabond Mini Litium for roughly 3 years and have had virtually no issues with it. The other the past few shoots however I have had an issue where I made sure it was fully charged before going to shoot, but roughly anywhere from 10 to 40 shots in the unit will just power off. I would try flipping the switch on and off and get nothing. I can go home and put it on the charger and then bam its ready to go again. The battery lights still show full battery right before it quits on me. Around the same time now I have had a couple time where it did not want to initially turn on, but I would flip the switch a few times and it would come on. Today I was shooting with it fully charges and on the 13th shot it died and would not come back on.

Top Top

#

Mon Feb 27, 2017 12:58 pm

Site Admin

When it "dies" do you have an LED next to the USB port, and what color is it?

Are you 100% sure you are not running the model lamp? Even if you think it is off, visually check the bulb itself to be sure.

Have you detached and reattached the battery to ensure it is fully seated?

Top Top

#

Mon Feb 27, 2017 5:38 pm

Yeah I am sure the modeling lamp wasnt on, but even in the past I could use it for longer that 5 minutes with the modeling lamp on.

I am sure I have zero LED on at all when it dies, everything goes black, but I will double check.

When I get home and plug it into the charger for literally 1 second, then pull the charger it shows full power.

Tonight when I get home I am going to fire off the shots till it does real quick, then I will verify the light by the USB. I will also plug it into then off charge and see if it continues to work, or if the charger is jsut making it show 3 lights instantly even if battery is actually dead.

Top Top

#

Mon Feb 27, 2017 5:58 pm

Site Admin

The battery life indicators will show 100% when connected to a charger, even with the battery removed. You will need to monitor the battery charge indicator on the charger itself. The LED on the charger block will turn green when plugged to the wall, then red when plugeed to a battery that is not fully charged, then green once charged.

Top Top

Post a reply
 [ 4 posts ]